1.There are over 360 churches in the country where the majority of people are Catholic. This means that almost every thousand people fall into one church.
2. Traditional Maltese music is known as Għana and Local guitars are usually played by men and Mutual songs are said among men. The words of the songs are made up by the people who are singing at the time And this conflict is definitely terminated by friends.
3. The surface area of the island is 316 km2.
4. If you want to read books about Malta before you come here, you can buy the following books.
- The Kappillan of Malta – Nicholas Monsarrat
- The Sword and the Scimitar – David Ball
- The Jew of Malta – Christopher Marlowe
5. The oldest settlement in Malta is named Għar Dalam with its history dating back to 7400 years ago.
6. The capital, Valletta, was named by the master of the Maltese Knights, Jean Parisot de La Vallette.
7. The Maltese flag is made up of white – red color and the George Cross on the upper left corner.
8. After being a member of the European Union in 2004, the Euro currency has started to be used in the island since 2008.
9. It is believed that the igantija temples in Gozo belong to an even earlier period than the Egyptian pyramids.
10. Although we often hear Malta Terrier The name these dog, which is said to belong to the island, is actually called Pharaoh Hound and Kelb tal-Fenek in Maltese
11. Malta’s previous name is Melita and Melita means “honey island” in Greek.
12. Malta’s major port is one of the best natural deep areas in the world.
13. The island has two official languages (English and Maltese) but main language is Maltese very similar to Arabic and 90% of the people speak Maltese among themselves